[Apologies for cross-posting. Please distribute]
We would like to announce the following event:
ICAD 2014 - Call for Papers
20th International Conference on Auditory Display
22 - 25 June 2014
New York, NY, USA
Paper submission deadline: February 1 2014.
The 2014 International Conference on Auditory Display (ICAD) will be held June 22-25, 2014, at New York University (NYU). ICAD, which began in 1992, will have its 20th conference featuring paper sessions, student think-tanks, workshops, concerts, and other special events.
** VENUE **
The conference will take place at NYU's Steinhardt School of Culture, Education and Human Development. NYU Steinhardt's facilities are conveniently located in the heart of Manhattan's Greenwich Village and next to the historic Washington Square Park.
** TOPICS OF INTEREST **
ICAD is the premier international venue for the dissemination and discussion of work related to the science, art, and practice of sound as a communicative display. Technical areas for the ICAD include but are not limited to:
- 3D and Spatial Audio
- Aesthetics, Philosophy, and Culture of Auditory Displays
- Auditory Display Theory and Methods
- Auditory Information Design
- Applications of Sound in Systems
- Evaluation and Usability of Auditory Displays
- Human Factors of Auditory Display
- Sound Interaction Auditory Cognition, Perception, and Psychoacoustics
- Sonification and Exploration of Data through Sound
- Sonification as Art
- Technologies and Tools for Auditory Display
- Use of Audio in Human-Computer Interfaces
** SUBMISSION **
We invite the following three forms of submissions:
- Full Papers should describe work that offers a substantial contribution to the field of auditory display. Paper submission will be 4-8 pages in length, including all figures and references. Authors of accepted papers will be invited to give an oral presentation of their work, and at least one author must present the work at the conference for the paper to appear in the published proceedings.
- Poster submissions should describe both finished work and work in late stages of progress. Work that is complete enough that meaningful conclusions can be drawn at the time of submission is encouraged. Submission for posters requires a proceedings paper of 4-8 pages in length. Authors of accepted submissions will be invited to participate in a poster session, and at least one author must present the work at the conference for the paper to appear in the published proceedings.
- Extended abstracts include, but are not limited to late-breaking results, works in early stages of progress, novel methodologies, unique or controversial theoretical positions, and discussions of unsuccessful research or null findings. Particular attention will be paid to the potential for extended abstracts to lead to engaging presentations of broad benefit to the auditory display community. Submissions for extended abstracts require a proceedings paper of up to 2 pages in length. At least one author must present the work at the conference for the abstract to appear in the published proceedings.
** DEADLINES **
- Submission of papers for review: February 1 2014.
- Notification of acceptance: April 1, 2014
- Camera-ready papers: May 1, 2014
** CONFERENCE INFORMATION **
For more information on ICAD 2014 please visit http://www.icad2014.org/
** COMMITTEE **
Norberto Degara and Areti Andreopoulou
Agnieszka Roginska and Tae Hong Park