The Hearing Systems group at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) offers a position at the level of Associate or Assistant Professor within the areas of hearing technology / auditory neuroscience. Research and education are integrated in the activities of the Hearing Systems group, which includes the internationally recognized Centre for Applied Hearing Research and the newly established Oticon Centre of Excellence for Hearing and Speech Sciences.
The research activities conducted by the Hearing Systems group is done in collaboration with several European networks as well as with industry and involves topics such as auditory signal processing and perception, speech production and perception, audio-visual speech, audiology, objective measures of the auditory function, and hearing-instrument signal processing. The goal of the research is to increase our understanding of how the human auditory system functions and to provide insights that are useful for technical applications, such as hearing aids, speech recognition systems, hearing diagnostics, and cochlear implants.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a solid scientific knowledge and research experience in at least one, and some experience in another of the following areas:
– Hearing assistive devices (e.g., hearing aids, cochlear implants)
– Technical audiology (e.g., aided and unaided hearing evaluation, audiological diagnostics)
– Computational/analytical models of auditory signal processing or automatic speech recognition
– Auditory scene analysis and its neural basis
– Objective measures and neural coding of complex sounds (e.g., speech, music) in the auditory system
We expect the successful candidate to participate in both fundamental and advanced-level education of students, in cooperation with the other scientific staff, and to contribute actively to the theoretical and experimental research within the Department.
Candidates applying for the position at the Assistant Professor level must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent).
Candidates applying for the position at the Associate Professor level must hold a PhD degree (or equivalent) as well as academic qualifications equivalent to those obtained by holding an assistant professorship and should document didactic/pedagogic training.
In the assessment of the candidates consideration will be given to:
– Scientific production and research potential at an international level
– Experience in teaching and education
– The ability to promote and utilize research results
– An all-round experience basis, preferably including international experience
– The ability to contribute to development of the department’s internal and external cooperation
The appointment will be based on the collective agreement with the Confederation of Professional Associations. The allowance will be agreed with the relevant union.
Further information may be obtained from Torsten Dau, head of the Hearing Systems Group, phone +45 4525 3977 or tdau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Applicants are requested to indicate whether they apply for the position as associate or assistant professor.
Please apply online no later than 15 December 2013.
The application should be in English and includes a CV and a list of publications.
Applicants who apply for the post at the Associate Professor level should indicate their works viewed as scientific highlights, and attach a teaching portfolio. Research publications and teaching materials (e.g., documentation of participation in teacher training courses) to be considered in the assessment must be attached.
All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, disability, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.