From: Bruno L. Giordano [mailto:brungio@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, November 9, 2013 08:34 AM
To: AUDITORY@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Foreign connected speech databases wanted

Dear list, I am looking for databases of foreign connected speech. Target languages would include anything that is unlikely to be understood by most of the experiment participants one normally manages to get in UK universities. Examples include Finnish, Arab and Swedish. Importantly, for each language I am looking for both male and female speakers, and for some decent quality of the audio recordings. I am not looking for phonetic transcriptions or for insanely long excerpts (indeed our stimuli need to be 1.5 s long). Thank you for any pointer. Best, Bruno -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bruno L. Giordano, PhD Institute of Neuroscience and Psychology 58 Hillhead Street, University of Glasgow Glasgow, G12 8QB, Scotland T +44 (0) 141 330 5484 Www: http://www.brunolgiordano.net