Senior Research opening at Oticon

Dear List

We have an opening as a Senior Researcher at Oticon, please refer to the web posting here:

http://www.oticon.com/about/job-and-career/jobs/job-document.aspx?publishingid=225&languagekey=en-GB

Details are also given below.

Best

Thomas Behrens

Head of Clinical Evidence

Oticon A/S

Senior Research Audiologist for Oticon

Location

DK - Smørum

Define future hearing solutions and move the limits of what hearing technology can do.

You understand the needs and desires of people with hearing impairment and want to change hearing care to optimize treatment strategies. You stay up to date on the latest evidence, use that to define new solutions and do research with leading researchers in the field to develop knowledge on use and benefits.

Are you ready to take up the challenge of being the face of Oticon audiology around the world and representing us at major audiology events? Then come join us for an exciting career opportunity at Oticon– a company truly known for our commitment to audiology.
You will be working in our Danish headquarter located in a suburb of Copenhagen, Denmark.

You generate evidence and communicate hearing aid benefits
In your new job you will be part of the Clinical Evidence team which consists of 6 people who work on developing and communicating evidence for hearing aid benefits. These benefits are documented through scientific publications, technical documentation provided by internal collaborators or through clinical testing at test sites external to Oticon. The group sets a direction for R&D audiology and acts as the interface between audiology and the commercial organization.

As Senior Researcher in the group, you will be responsible for defining requirements for new functionality, the way it is validated and ensuring evidence is in place on time for the projects you are running. You will use this to build evidence-based audiological communication that is in line with our strategy and vision. This also serves as a basis to continue to build on your deep knowledge within audiology. You will use your insights in audiology to communicate to a wide range of professionals in the field of audiology.

You can also look forward to present recent developments and evidence behind Oticon hearing technology to customers around the world when there is a need for explanation of the deeper audiological rationale behind a given functionality.

Audiologist with an interest in research & research methods
To handle your future challenges, we expect you to hold a PhD in Audiology or related field and have at least 5 years of post-doctoral research experience. Alternatively, you have a Masters Degree and extensive research and publication experience. Furthermore, you possess thorough knowledge within areas such as: amplification, acoustics, sensory or cognitive neuroscience, signal processing, diagnostic measurements, hearing devices and transducers, audiology and evidence based practice. You also have clinical experience or a deep understanding of clinical audiology.

You will be working closely together with e.g. engineers, audiologists, sales and marketing people, customers and not the least external researchers. Thus, you are an efficient communicator who is able to target different stakeholders and view the same issue from different perspectives and use this to obtain the right solution.

You are aware that the success of the team depends on effective professional sparring and communication, and you are therefore open and inquiring in your contacts with partners and colleagues. You are able to discuss specific challenges of clinical practice with a colleague one day and be deeply involved in designing an experiment on a new product another day. And you enjoy both situations!

You find it easy to structure your workday, and you have the authority and courage to be self-reliant when it is necessary and involve other stakeholders when it is needed. Speaking and writing in English to many different audiences comes natural to you.

Want to join the team?
Then send your application today, as we are currently screening applications. Apply for the job on the link below no later than January 6th. If you wish to know more about the position, feel free to contact Thomas Behrens on +45 25300012 or tbs@xxxxxxxxx
We are looking much forward to hearing from you.

About Oticon
500 million people worldwide suffer from hearing loss. It is Oticon's ambition that our customers - hearing clinics throughout the world - prefer to use our products for people with impaired hearing. Oticon is among the three largest companies in the industry, and in Denmark all 1,300 employees, with passion, dedication and professional expertise, develop some of the most innovative hearing aids in the world. Oticon is a growing company, and 97% of Group revenues is generated outside Denmark. We are part of William Demant Holding Group with more than 8.000 employees and revenues of over DKK 8 billion.

Should you be interested, please apply online by following the link above.