aspirin and loud noises

Dear all,

I have a memory of a talk by Brian Moore, during which I think he
mentioned aspirin having a mild protective effect against hearing
impairment from acute loud noise.

However, I may have misremembered: now that I search the literature, I
can't find anything very definitive - and conversely, I find hints that
aspirin may long-term mildly contribute to hearing loss (e.g.
<http://europepmc.org/articles/PMC2831770>). I find some animal studies
pointing in the direction of the factoid I remember
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18259079>
<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16758221>).

Can anyone confirm/deny whether such a protective effect is expected?

Thanks
Dan

--
Dan Stowell