Re: Does anybody know a similar study?

This paper looks at the effect of repeated replay on intelligibility:

Hilkhuysen, G., Lloyd, J., Huckvale, M., "Effects of replay on the intelligibility of noisy speech", Proc. 46th AES Conference on Audio Forensics, Denver Colorado, 2012, pp50-56.

A PDF is available at: http://www.clear-labs.com/publications.php

It shows that while intelligibility reaches a plateau after 5 repeats, confidence in one's judgement continues to increase beyond 5 repeats.

Mark Huckvale