Re: Python from Matlab

Alain,

It may be that Matlab will, in the future, make it possible for you to do this, but they will make the final switch virtually impossible. It is not in their best interest in supporting this move. Lots of people are frustrated with Matlab, especially the cell array problem and the poor support for ascii processing (which lead to the cell array issues
in the first place).

It will be interesting to see how they make this final switch difficult. It is not obvious to me that they can block
someone, other than a huge (10 year) stall.

Jont