3-year PhD Scholarships available in Music Perception and Computing

3-year PhD Scholarships available in Music Perception and Computing.

The University of Western Sydney is offering thirty PhD scholarships for International applicants, and an additional forty scholarships for Australian applicants.

We would welcome applications for projects related to computational models of music perception.

We are particularly interested in projects related to the perception of microtonal music, tonality, and meter. The project may also include perceptually motivated computational algorithms to generate music.

Please contact Prof Roger Dean (Roger.Dean@xxxxxxxxxx) and/or Dr Andrew Milne (A.Milne@xxxxxxxxxx) for an informal discussion and advice on a suitable proposal.

Detailed information about the scholarships can be found at
http://www.uws.edu.au/research/scholarships/uws_postgraduate_research_awards (international applicants), and
http://www.uws.edu.au/research/scholarships/australian_postgraduate_awards_apa (Australian applicants).

Applications must be submitted by 31st October 2014.