Suggestions for basic reading for an introductory lecture about hearing please ...

I teach the basics of hearing in one 2-hour session to introductory psychology students, with an emphasis on peripheral auditory processing, but some time spent on central auditory aspects. The focus is on nonspeech sounds, and I also attempt to introduce basic aspects of linear systems theory so I can show them frequency responses.

Can anyone recommend supplementary reading that would cover this basic ground in a single chapter or two? There are of course many good textbooks that cover this material (and much more), but I need something that is quite broad and relatively short.

Thanks for any help.

Yours - Stuart

--

Stuart Rosen, PhD