Individualized HRTF measurements

Dear List,

I intend to carry out some individualized HRTF measurements. I thought some device would exist in purpose of such measurement by including tiny microphones and a system to maintain their position into the ear canal but I feel more like each team uses its “homemade” setup… I only saw a “binaural microphone” designed by Bruel and Kjaer which is very expensive.

I was then wondering what microphone do you use/propose/advice  for individualized HRTF measurements ? Do you also know a way to hold the microphone in position during the measurement procedure ? And finally, do you use any type of protection in between the microphone and the ear canal in order to avoid a direct contact and then get the measurement more hygienic (given that the microphones will inserted in several subjects’ ear canals…) ?

Any help or advice on these matters would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much by advance,

Thibaud LECLERE

PostDoc Researcher

Université de Lyon - École Nationale des Travaux Publics de l'État (ENTPE)

Laboratoire Génie Civil et Bâtiment (LGCB)

Rue Maurice Audin - 69518 Vaulx-en-Velin - France

Office B022

Tel : (+33)4.72.04.70.36