[AUDITORY] Call for Papers - AutomotiveUI ‘18: The 10th International ACM Conference on Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications

CALL FOR PAPERS

| AutomotiveUI ‘18: The 10th International ACM Conference on
| Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications
|
| Toronto, Canada, SEPTEMBER, 23-25 2018
| Author information: http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/

The conference will be preceded by the doctoral colloquium on
September 22nd.

Important Dates:
Submissions are accepted until 11:59 p.m AoE (Anywhere on Earth)

Papers:
Submission deadline: April 26, 2018
Decision notification: June 29, 2018

Workshop proposals:
Submission deadline: June 4, 2018
Decision notification: June 22, 2018

Works in Progress, Interactive Demos, Videos and Doctoral
Colloquium:
Submission deadline: July 11, 2018
Decision notification: August 3, 2018

AutomotiveUI, the International ACM Conference on Automotive User
Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications, is the premier forum
for UI research in the automotive domain. AutomotiveUI brings together
researchers and practitioners interested in both the technical and the
human aspects of in-vehicle user interfaces and applications. Consistent
with prior conferences, AutomotiveUI’18 will address novel in-vehicle
services, models of and concepts for enhancing the driver experience,
driver performance and behavior, development of (semi-) autonomous
driving, and the needs of different user groups.

AutomotiveUI’18 invites you to submit original work in one or more of
the following formats: papers, workshops, works in progress and
Interactive Demos, Video Sessions, and Doctoral Colloquium.

Submission Types
Papers: AutomotiveUI Papers are archival publications of
original research. Authors are invited to submit papers (6-10 pages)
formatted in accordance with the two-column ACM SIGCHI format, with
a 150-word abstract (references do not count towards the page limit).

Submissions will be accepted through the Precision Conference submission

system (
https://new.precisionconference.com/sigchi).

Authors are encouraged to submit an accompanying video. All accepted
papers will be included in the conference proceedings which will be archived

in the ACM Digital Library. We are also planning a journal special issue;

details forthcoming. Further instructions about this submission category

can be found at
http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/papers.

Work In Progress: A Work In Progress is a concise report of late-breaking
findings or other types of innovative or thought-provoking work relevant

for the AutomotiveUI community. All accepted Work in Progress submissions

will be available in the ACM Digital Library.  Details about this submission

category can be found at:
http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/work-in-
progress/

Workshops and Tutorials: Workshops address some topic of common
interest to a subset of those attending the AutomotiveUI conference.

Tutorials teach specific materials either by one person or several people.

Submission details will be published at
http://www.auto-ui.org/18/workshop-
tutorials
.

Interactive Demos: Interactive Demos are presentations or demonstrations
that highlight and foster discussion of current research and development in

the area of automotive user interfaces and interactive vehicular applications.

We encourage submissions from both the industry and the academia. For

Interactive Demos, bring and/or present prototypes, services, devices, and

systems for hands-on interaction. All accepted Demo submissions will be

available in the ACM digital library. Submission details will be published at

http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/interactive-demos/

Videos: AutomotiveUI also invites video submissions. The video submissions
can focus on the presentation of research systems, visions of the future,

humorous parodies or thoughtful critiques of AutomotiveUI, and reports on

ethnographic work or user studies. Submission details will be published at

http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/video.

The Doctoral Colloquium: The Doctoral Colloquium brings together Ph.D.
students working on topics related to the field of automotive user interfaces

and interactive vehicular applications, providing them with an opportunity to

present and discuss their research with their peers and senior faculty.

Submission details will be published at
http://www.auto-ui.org/18/authors/dc.

Conference Topics include, but are not limited to:

Devices & Interfaces
--------------------
Multi-modal, speech, audio, gestural, natural input/output
In-car gaming, entertainment and social experiences
Interfaces for navigation
Text input and output while driving
Applications and user-interfaces for inter-vehicle communication
Sensors and context for interactive experiences in the car
Biometrics and physiological sensors as a user interface component
Electric vehicle interfaces
Affective intelligent interfaces

Automation & Instrumentation
----------------------------
Automated driving and interfaces for (semi) autonomous driving
Head-Up Displays (HUDs) and Augmented Reality (AR) concepts
Cooperative Driving/Connected Vehicles
Assistive technology in the vehicular context
Information access (search, browsing, etc.)
Vehicle-based apps, web/cloud enabled connectivity
Entertainment and play (semi) autonomous driving
Ethics

Evaluation & Benchmarking
-------------------------
Methods and tools for automotive user-interface research, including
simulation
Automotive user-interface frameworks and toolkits
Naturalistic/field studies of automotive user interfaces
Automotive user-interface standards
Modeling techniques for cognitive workload and visual demand estimation

Driver Performance & Behavior
-----------------------------
Different user groups and user group characteristics
Subliminal cues, warnings and feedback to augment driving behavior
Emotional state recognition while driving
Detecting/ measuring driver distraction
Detecting and estimating user intentions
Driver modeling

We are looking forward to seeing you in Toronto in September!

Birsen Donmez, University of Toronto (General Chair)
Bruce Walker, Georgia Institute of Technology (Program Co-Chair)
Peter Fröhlich, Austrian Institute of Technology (Program Co-Chair)

Bruce N. Walker, Ph.D.                 bruce.walker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Professor                                  office: +1-404-894-8265
School of Psychology and School of Interactive Computing
Georgia Institute of Technology
654 Cherry Street,  Atlanta,  Georgia,  USA   30332-0170
     Web:  http://sonify.psych.gatech.edu/~walkerb/