Re: [AUDITORY] Music specific hearing loss

Hi Ross,
Some hearing aids include frequency compression algorithm. Basically, what these algorithms do is to shift frequency components at higher frequencies to lower ones in order to shift frequency components at the frequency region were the hearing loss is most prominent to audible frequency regions. While this concept presents some clear advances for speech perception it may distort the music especially regarding pitch perception.
Maybe your friend could ask her audiologist to disable this feature if it is implemented in her HA?

Regards, remi