[AUDITORY] Enquiry on Audio device for stimulus presentation during EEG recording

Dear All,

The EEG-auditory research papers mention different audio presentation modes: loudspeaker, over-the-ear headphones (eg: Sennheiser HD 650), insert earphones (eg: E-A-RTONE 3A) etc.

Loudspeakers are easy to install and comfortable but at the cost of environment noise interferences.

Over-the-ear headphones have good noise cancellation capability. But, will they interfere with EEG recording (electromagnetic interference)? Will it cause movement of electrodes during recording?

I request suggestions from people who might have already tried this mode.

Another option is the insert earphones, which is widely used in audiometric testing. But I’m totally clueless about its use, comfortability level, noise cancellation etc.?

Please share your suggestions on the best type of speaker for the audio presentation during EEG recording.

Regards

Akshara Soman

PhD Scholar

LEAP Lab