[AUDITORY] [Internship Opening] Speech research/machine learning internship @Alibaba

Title: Speech research/machine learning internship @Alibaba

Time: Fall2018, Spring2019

Job location: Seattle, WA /  San Francisco, CA / Beijing

About You

A willingness to be a better you on a day by day basis.

About Us:

We are Machine Intelligence Technology -Intelligent Speech Interaction-Speech, Alibaba Group (U.S.) Inc. We enable hundreds of millions of commercial and social interactions among our users, between consumers and merchants, and among businesses every day though speech. We are on the top a gold mine of high quality big data with millions of real data samples.

What You’ll Do

Develop and refine algorithms to improve speech system performance under adverse conditions. To be specific, we will assign either of the following project to you according to your background:

1) Speaker recognition: feature & model design, system fusion

2) Emotion Identification: data purification, prediction with limited out-of-domain data, feature & model design

At the end of internship, a conference paper is expected.

Skills You’ll Need

PhD candidate in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field

Proficiency in audio signal processing and robust acoustic feature engineering is a plus

Experience with speech system performance improvements under adverse condition is a plus

Deep learning (DNN, CNN, LSTM)

Familiarity with C++, Python, Bash shell

Familiarity with Kaldi, DNN toolkits

Solid publication record

Contacts:

Gang Liu

gDOTliu@alibaba-incDOTcom

please use . to replace DOT

Application is processed on a rolling basis

--
Gang LIU
Seattle, Washionton