[AUDITORY] Open position of postdoctoral trainee in Montreal (Peretz lab a BRAMS)

The Peretz Lab (www.peretzlab.ca) at the International Laboratory for Brain, Music, and Sound Research (www.brams.org/en) in Montreal is recruiting a postdoc with a flexible start date.

We research musical cognition in ordinary listeners as well as those at the extremes of ability (e.g., amusic, prodigy). Our research uses both behavioural and neuroscience methods, and we expect applicants for this position to have expertise in EEG. S/he will be involved in project design, data collection, writing and student supervision, and will work as part of a team of graduate students and postdocs.

The position is funded for one year at $40,000 CAD, with possibility of renewal. The successful applicant will be encouraged to apply for outside funding.

Qualifications:
Ph.D. in neuroscience, psychology, or a related discipline (completed before start date).
Experience with EEG and behavioural methods and analyses.
Ability to program in Matlab and/or Python.
Knowledge of music cognition.

Applicants should send a CV and cover letter to Dr. Isabelle Peretz at isabelle.peretz@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:isabelle.peretz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

For informal questions, feel free to contact Michael Weiss (current postdoc) at michael.weiss@xxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:michael.weiss@xxxxxxxxxxxx>