[AUDITORY] OPEN POSITION: Machine Learning Scientist for Audio Based New York University Startup

(apologies for cross posting, please distribute widely)

Machine Learning Scientist for Audio Based New York University Startup

If you are a computer scientist/engineer with a keen interest in entrepreneurial opportunities and have solid academic or industry experience in machine learning and signal processing, you may be the ideal candidate for a unique startup-focused opportunity at NYU. We seek a candidate able to take a lead role in a new project being started at NYU's Music and Audio Research Lab (MARL) and funded by the National Science Foundation. The project involves developing and commercializing technology originating from MARL's research for monitoring the health of manufacturing machinery in real time. Our technology combines ultra wide-band acoustic sensing in factory floors with deep machine learning to detect the early signs of machinery malfunction. By identifying potential failures as they develop, our solutions can help reduce unscheduled downtime, costly repairs and the waste of finished and raw product, all of which directly affect the margin of profitability in manufacturing operations.

For more info and applications: https://apply.interfolio.com/54087

deepsense_onepager.jpg

Charlie Mydlarz, PhD
Senior Research Scientist
Music and Audio Research Laboratory (MARL)
Center for Urban Science and Progress (CUSP)
Rm 1307, 370 Jay St, Brooklyn, NY 11201
(347) 272-0864