[AUDITORY] PhD in cultural evolution of music

Dear List,

Please see below for an interesting announcement from a colleague:

Regards,

Ani Patel

Dr Sally Street

Assistant Professor in Cognition & Culture

Department of Anthropology, Durham University

sally.e.street@xxxxxxxxxxxx

+44(0)1913341604

 Link to University profile page here.

I am currently seeking a PhD student for a project on the cultural evolution of music. The PhD student would use music as a model system to investigate the cultural evolution of complex sequences, using experimental and/or phylogenetic statistical approaches. Please get in touch to discuss potential projects if you are interested and potentially suitable. Although I do not yet have my own grant funding, you can find information about funding opportunities available at Durham here:  https://www.dur.ac.uk/anthropology/postgraduatestudy/funding/