[AUDITORY] sad news

Dear friends and colleagues,

It is with great sadness that I am writing to tell you that Ray Meddis has just died from cardiac arrest. Valerie (his wife) was with him at the time, and the ambulance arrived while Ray was still alive and struggling for breath. However, the paramedics were unable to save him. As most of you probably know, Ray seemed very fit and well in recent years, so this was totally unexpected. There will be no further news until after the coroner’s investigation.

Karalyn (my wife) has spoken with Valerie: she is not in a state to process correspondence currently. If you want to email Valerie in a few days from now but do not have her email address, just let me know.

Fond regards,
Roy Patterson

--
Roy D. Patterson, PhD
Department of Physiology, Development and Neuroscience