[AUDITORY] NEMCOG Call for Participation - Deadline extended

Dear Auditory community:
Please note that we have extended the deadline for NEMCOG (Northeast Music Cognition Group) participation and abstract submission by one week, until December 22, 2018. The original announcement (with the new submission deadline) follows below.
-

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
NORTHEAST MUSIC COGNITION GROUP
FEBRUARY 2, 2019 at HARVARD UNIVERSITY
(Apologies for cross-posting)
The next semiannual meeting of the Northeast Music Cognition Group (NEMCOG) will take place at Harvard University on Saturday February 2, 2019.  The goal of this group is to facilitate interaction among researchers at institutions along the Northeast Corridor who are interested in the area of music cognition, to discuss research in the field, and to identify topics of joint interest and areas for potential collaboration.

If you would like to attend this meeting of NEMCOG, please RSVP to smusicperceptionandcognition@xxxxxxxxx by *December 22, 2018*. Continental breakfast and coffee breaks will be provided.

A draft schedule is as follows:
9am-12pm Short talks
12-1:30pm Lunch
1:30-2:30pm Keynote: Michael Casey, Dartmouth College
2:30-3:30pm Coffee and poster session
3:30-5pm Short talks/Concert

Location:
Harvard University
9am-12pm Paine Hall (2 separate rooms)
12-5pm Lowell Hall
Cambridge, MA 02138

You are welcome to attend the day's events and enjoy the company of your colleagues. You are also invited to give a very short (8 minutes), semi-formal presentation of your work, aimed at a fairly general audience that will include people with established research programs in areas outside your specialty, as well as students and other newcomers to the field. The goal is simply to give a broadly contextualized sense of the questions you're asking, not a detailed picture of your answers. At our previous meetings, we have found the 8-minute format to be expedient, exhilarating, and successful for both presenters and audience members. If you would like to do a presentation, please indicate so in your RSVP with a tentative title and a short abstract. We will make an effort to accommodate as many presentations as possible, with preference given to new presenters and junior researchers. All presented abstracts will be shared with our attendees and posted on our web site.
If you would like to present a poster, please also RSVP and indicate your interest in presenting a poster in your email to smusicperceptionandcognition@xxxxxxxxx

If you cannot attend this meeting, you can still be kept abreast of the group's activities through continued inclusion on our e-mail list. If this message was forwarded to you by a colleague or through another e-mail list, and you would like to receive our regular announcements,
please sign up for our mailing lists at http://nemcog.mpap.ed.nyu.edu

Please circulate this invitation widely to anybody that you think might be interested and able to attend either this meeting or future meetings elsewhere in the Northeast Corridor.

NEMCOG Organizing Committee:
Psyche Loui, Department of Music, Northeastern University
Lisa Wong, Milton Pediatrics and Harvard Medical School
Gottfried Schlaug, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School
Christopher Hasty, Department of Music, Harvard College
Andrew Clark, Department of Music, Harvard College
Jennifer Zuk, Boston Children’s and Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Harvard Medical School

NEMCOG Executive Committee:
Morwaread Farbood and Panayotis Mavromatis, New York University
Psyche Loui, Northeastern University
Ian Quinn, Yale University

-
Psyche Loui, PhD
Assistant Professor of Creativity and Creative Practice
Department of Music
College of Arts, Media and Design
Northeastern University
Tel: 1(617)373-6588