Re: [AUDITORY] event triggering ABR systems

Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but you might
want to consider my Daqarta system.  It uses an ordinary
Windows sound card (including USB types) and can
generate any sort of stimulus you want, as well as
obtaining and displaying the ABR response in real time.  It
includes a robust macro language to support automation
of tasks, such as running sets of ABRs at various
frequencies and amplitudes.

Please note that Daqarta is *not* a dedicated ABR
system; it's intended for all sorts of sound and vibration
work.  As such, the ABR is not an out-of-the-box turn-key
operation, at least not the first time you use it.

The first thing you will need to do is calibrate your sound
card, using the built-in Auto-Calibrate feature plus
Full-Scale Range calibration using an external reference.
<http://www.daqarta.com/dw_cal.htm>

Then you'll need to set up the desired stimulus using the
built-in Generator, set the Trigger to use the generated
stimulus, set Input sensitivity, set the Averager
parameters (number of frames, artifact rejection levels,
etc), and finally hit the Averager button to obtain the ABR.
Those settings will all be saved for future sessions, so the
next time you'll just have to toggle on the Generator and
Input buttons and then hit Averager.  Or write a macro
that does all this and much more.

If your question referred to simply using an external
trigger source (without external stimulus generation),
that's also possible using Daqarta's remote control
features: <http://www.daqarta.com/dw_ooxx.htm>
But you'll need to write some code to get your external
trigger to issue a command.

The next release of Daqarta (in a couple of months) will
include support for USB serial-port-type devices like
Arduino and Numato cards, which can be used as triggers
based on TTL-type levels.

If you let me know more details about your exact needs, I
may be able to suggest a specific solution.  I'll also be
glad to help with creating macros.  There are lots of
examples included with Daqarta, but it never hurts to get
custom help.

Best regards,

Bob Masta