[AUDITORY] Copyright in music research

Dear list,

We are currently designing an experiment to create a big database covering different music genres depending on music-induced emotions. We are discussing some issues concerning the copyright of the music we want to use, and we would like to hear your opinion or experience on this. You probably know that if you want to use existing music in your experiments then you should have the permission to do so. Do you think that using just short excerpts of music found on, for example, youtube, should be problematic? And what about sharing then the database with other researchers?

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts and/or experiences.

Best Regards,

Francesca Talamini

--
Francesca Talamini, Ph.D.