[AUDITORY] CfP Special Session on 6DoF Audio @ I3DA

*** Apologies for any cross-posting ***

Dear colleagues,

I would like to bring to your attention the CfP of the Special Session on 6DoF Audio which we are organising as part of the I3DA conference to be held this September in Bologna, Italy.

We would be very happy if you would consider contributing with your work.

Best regards,

Huseyin

--
Huseyin Hacihabiboglu, Ph.D., SMIEEE
Associate Professor of Signal Processing

---

CFP: Special Session on Six degrees-of-freedom audio  @i3da
Special Session on Six degrees-of-freedom audio

International Conference on Immersive and 3D Audio (I3DA) 8-10 September 2021, Bologna, Italy

Aims and Scope

Navigability is the next frontier in immersive content. Next-generation immersive systems allow their users to experience content not only through head motions but also by translations in 3D space. Such kind of immersiveness has been present from the outset  in virtual, augmented and mixed reality systems that primarily rely on the rendering of sources in 3D space by parametric synthesis approaches, supplemented by artificial reverberation. However the capture, processing and rendering of real acoustic scenes have mostly been overlooked until the second half of the last decade. Recent developments in technologies that allow displaying audiovisual scenes brought forth the concept of 3DoF+ content that allows small translational displacements of the user and 6DoF content that allows translational movement in a wider region. Standardisation activities in ISO/IEC MPEG that started with MPEG-H to enable object based content, and the ongoing efforts with the MPEG-I standard to enable navigable content are paving the way for unprecedented levels of immersion.

This special session will provide a venue for sharing the latest results and high-quality reseach ideas on all aspects of 3DoF+ and 6DoF audio. The topics of interest for the session include but are not limited to:

• Capture of 3DoF+ and 6DoF audio
• Parametric and object-based approaches to 3DoF+ and 6DoF audio
• Sound field interpolation and extrapolation
• Rendering of 6DoF audio
• Perceptual aspects of navigation in 6DoF audio environments
• Coding and compression of 3DoF+ and 6DoF audio
• Use cases (music, audiovisual arts, journalism, architecture etc.)

Conference proceedings will be submitted to the IEEE Xplore Digital Library and SCOPUS.

Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit extended versions for consideration in special issues with the partner journals indexed on Scopus and WoS.
1) Journal of the Audio Engineering Society
2) Building Acoustics
3) Applied Sciences

KEY DATES

September 21, 2020: online abstract submission open

February 21, 2021: final deadline for abstract submission

March 15, 2021: notification of abstract acceptance

April 21, 2021: deadline for full paper submission

June 21, 2021: notification of full paper review results

July 21, 2021: deadline for final paper submission

Paper submission and format
The special session will contain oral presentations of full-papers. Authors are asked to send an abstract (max. 250 words) in English before February 21, 2021
All papers will go through a peer review process before being accepted. More details are available at i3da.eu/call-for-papers/
The papers must be submitted via EasyChair paper management system, following the IEEE guidelines for proceedings papers.
The expected number of pages for contribution should not exceed 10 pages for paper.
Please include in the abstract the name of this special session (6DoF Audio).

Special session organizers

Huseyin Hacihabiboglu (METU, Turkey)
Franz Zotter (IEM, Austria)