[AUDITORY] MATLAB Plugin AES Student Competition - Submission deadline on May 16

Dear list,

MathWorks and the Audio Engineering Society have launched the 4th edition of the MATLAB Plugin AES Student Competition.
Our aim is to create an ongoing educational tool in support of students and educators across audio, acoustics, and signal processing.

Participating students create a new VST plugin using MATLAB code and record a video to document their work. The First Prize winner takes home $1,500.

Last year's winning submission was a Hearing loss simulator from Angeliki Mourgela of Queen Mary University of London.

In 2021, we modified the typical timeline to better align the competition with the teaching semesters. The key dates for this edition follow:

  • May 16, 2021 – Submission deadline
  • May 31, 2021 – Shortlist announced
  • June 14-18, 2021 – Judging sessions
  • June 26, 2021 – Awards announced
  • 151st Convention of the AES (October 2021) – Showcase for shortlisted teams

Students can use this page on mathworks.com for technical resources and to get a free MATLAB license to use for the competition. Anyone can email me or reply to this email to sign up for announcements.
The full details are available at https://aesstudents.org/matlabcomp

Apologies for cross posting.

Thanks in advance for sharing with your students!
Gabriele.

--

Gabriele Bunkheila [he/him] – Product Management, DSP and Audio

MathWorks