[AUDITORY] New Introductory Textbook on Neuroprosthetics

Dear colleagues,

together with Hannes Maier and Felix Aplin we have just published and introductory textbook on neuroprosthetics. It introduces all key concepts for understanding cochlear implants and similar stimulation devices, including the chemistry of electrode-tissue interface, electrode double layer, current sources vs. voltage sources, safety concerns, Faradaic and Non-Faradaic reactions, activation function, spread of excitation, foreign body reactions, etc.

The book is written for our PhD students, at a level that is supposed to be also well readable for clinicians as well as for readers with biological and engineering backgrounds.

Here the link for more details:

Andrej KRAL, MD, PhD
Fellow of the German National Academy of Science
Chair of Auditory Neurophysiology, Medical University Hanover
Professor of Systems Neuroscience, Macquarie University, Sydney
Adjunct Professor of Cognition and Neuroscience, The University of Texas at Dallas

Cluster Board Member, DFG Cluster of Excellence Hearing4All
Director
Institute of AudioNeuroTechnology (VIANNA)
Medical University Hanover
Stadtfelddamm 34
30625 Hanover
Germany