[AUDITORY] PostDoc Opening: Auditory Neuroscience

Dear Colleagues,

     We have an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Auditory Neuroscience, at the University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY. Our lab is part of an active group of auditory scientists bridging the Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Audiology, and Otolaryngology research communities. Applicants should have a PhD in a related field, experience in electrophysiological recordings, and an interest in computational modeling. The fellowship will focus on extracellular recordings in awake animals to test hypotheses and models for coding of complex sounds.
     This position is supported by ongoing NIH-NIDCD funding; the position is not restricted to US citizens.  Over the course of the fellowship, the successful candidate will be mentored and encouraged to write individual grant proposals, launching their own research program.
     One of our goals is to become a smarter and more productive lab by increasing our diversity and by participating in outreach programs that foster diversity in science.

     Send a statement of interest, future plans, and C.V. to:   Laurel.Carney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Laurel H. Carney, PhD

Marylou Ingram Professor of Biomedical Engineering

Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Electrical & Computer Engineering

University of Rochester, Rochester NY USA

URMC Rm 5-6438

Tel: 585-276-3948

Laurel.Carney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

https://www.urmc.rochester.edu/labs/carney.aspx