[AUDITORY] Research Coordinator Position at BU Communication and Neurodevelopment Lab

The Communication and Neurodevelopment Lab at Boston University (https://sites.bu.edu/zuklab/) is dedicated to studying speech, language, and reading development to promote positive outcomes for all children, especially those susceptible to communication difficulties. Our research involves an interdisciplinary approach, bridging perspectives from developmental cognitive neuroscience, speech-language pathology, and education. Our lab is proudly part of the Boston University College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College. We are seeking a full-time Research Coordinator to join our expanding research team.

Responsibilities will include: Recruiting and scheduling research participants, assisting with study sessions, administering experimental tasks and contributing to neuroimaging (MRI) sessions with young children, coordinating IRB processes in conjunction with the Principal Investigator and research team, coordinating data organization and maintenance, and contributing to data processing and scoring with the opportunity to assist with analysis.

Preferred qualifications include: Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Speech, Language & Hearing Sciences/Communication Sciences and Disorders, Psychology, Neuroscience, Cognitive Science, or related field. Previous experience working with young children from infancy to school age (e.g., in a daycare or research setting) highly desired. Organized, diligent, detail-oriented, and highly motivated individual with prior research experience. Excellent oral and written communication skills and willingness to learn new skills. Comfort with a heterogeneous computing environment and some programming experience preferred; familiarity with psychological experiment software and/or MRI analysis software very helpful. Experience managing data (excel) and databases (RedCap) preferred.

The Research Coordinator will sustain and support a culture of integrity and operational excellence which celebrates the diversity of individuals and ideas and which values accountability, collaboration, and innovation. Sargent College believes the cultural and social diversity of our community is vitally important to our academic mission of excellence. We welcome candidates who support our commitment to ensuring BU is an inclusive, equitable, and diverse place where everyone can thrive.

To apply, please email a resume/CV and cover letter to zuklab@xxxxxx with the subject line, “Research Coordinator position.” Thank you.

--
Jennifer Zuk, Ph.D. CCC-SLP
Assistant Professor, Boston University