[AUDITORY] seeking nonhuman vocalization recordings

Dear AUDITORY,

A team of researchers from UT Austin, McGill and Harvard are studying what humans understand about vocal communication across the animal kingdom. This message is for researchers working with nonhuman species (and especially nonhuman primates).

We are searching for audio examples to use in an experiment and so we are wondering if you have or know of any recordings of pairs of vocalizations from the same species that differ in a fashion that is related to attractiveness in that species (e.g., "high quality" vs "low quality" courtship songs in birds). If you think you have something else that might fit the bill, other types of preferences that are unrelated to courtship would be great too.

Thanks in advance for your help! Please include Dr Logan James (loganjames@xxxxxxxxxx) in your reply. We also appreciate your forwarding this message to anyone who might be able to contribute recordings.

Sam

--
Samuel Mehr
Department of Psychology