[AUDITORY] Study- Examining the role familiarity has on infant engagement with music- invitation

Dear List,

 As part my Msc dissertation, I am conducting a study on infant engagement with music.

More specifically, the study will try to determine how 6- to 19- month old babies respond to a song and how their response changes as they become more familiar with it and whether this depends on whether they learn it by being sung to by a caregiver or from a recording.

In this study, babies are presented with the Happy Song by Imogen Heap and their movements are recorded on days 1 and 7. Each recording session will take no more than 15 minutes including 4 minutes of the baby in a highchair and a short questionnaire that can be completed at a later stage.

  • the study is easy to participate
  • each recording should take about 10 minutes

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at ageor006@xxxxxxxxxx.

Thank you for your time,
Anthi Georgiadou