From: "Stecker, Chris C." <Chris.Stecker@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fw: Now Hiring a Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Date: September 7, 2021 at 9:50:17 AM CDT

From: BoysTown Recruiter <BT.Recruiter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, September 1, 2021 2:47 PM
To: BoysTown Recruiter <BT.Recruiter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Now Hiring a Postdoctoral Research Fellow

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Spatial Hearing Laboratory in Omaha, Nebraska

Job Overview:
The Spatial Hearing Laboratory at Boys Town National Research Hospital, directed by Dr. Chris Stecker, is engaged in cutting-edge research at the intersection of spatial audio, perception, and auditory neuroscience. We are seeking an experienced postdoctoral research fellow to join our team. Area of research focus is flexible, but demonstrated expertise in psychoacoustics, audiological research, and/or cognitive neuroscience is essential. Applicants with previous experience in one or more of the following areas will be given preference: binaural and spatial hearing, virtual reality, neuroimaging (EEG, MEG, fNIRS, or fMRI), spatial audio and multisensory instrumentation. A solid foundation in statistical techniques is expected, as is experience developing research software in MATLAB, C#, or Python.

The research environment at Boys Town National Research Hospital is highly interdisciplinary and collaborative. The successful candidate will help identify and develop research collaborations between the Spatial Hearing Lab and research partners in areas including pediatric audiology, hearing aids and cochlear implants, multisensory and vestibular perception, speech-language pathology, and cognitive neuroscience. Research resources available to support these activities include state-of-the-art facilities for spatial audio, a 96-channel anechoic chamber lab, audiovisual research facilities, and a variety of installed systems (many brand new) for MRI, MEG, EEG, fNIRS, and tDCS/tACS studies of human brain function.

Successful candidates will have a PhD or MD/PhD in hearing science, audiology, neuroscience, or related field, with an excellent publication record for their career stage. They will join a vibrant and rapidly growing group of hearing scientists in Omaha, with significant opportunities for career development and promotion.

Responsibilities:
  • Works closely with the research program coordinator to fulfill the requirements of the research program.
  • Participates in the design, implementation, and completion of individual studies within the research program.
  • Publishes and presents research results and other material relevant to the research program in appropriate forums, including refereed journals and national meetings.
  • Collaborates with other members of the research and clinical staff on research problems of mutual interest that further the general goals of the research program.

Required Qualifications:
  • Must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in an appropriate discipline and strong research potential, as indicated by completion of a research-oriented training program
  • active participation in research leading to publications in refereed journals and/or presentations at national meetings.

Benefits of Being a Boys Town Employee:
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include:
  • Paid vacation and sick time
  • Health, dental, vision insurance and Rx
  • Free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan
  • 401k and 6% match
  • Life insurance/AD&D
  • Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) – medical and dependent care
  • Long-term disability
  • Professional development, community outreach and volunteer opportunities

Share this e-mail with someone that would be a great fit at Boys Town!

STAY CONNECTED
Envelope

Boys Town is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit recognized by the IRS, and all donations to Boys Town are tax deductible in accordance with IRS regulations. Boys Town follows a policy of non-discrimination in accordance with the law.