[AUDITORY] Audio-Visual Analytics Workshop at IEEE VIS 2021

Dear Auditory List members,

We are happy to invite you to our second Interactive Workshop on Audio-Visual Analytics at the IEEE VIS 2021 conference on upcoming Monday 25th of October at 12 pm - 3:30 pm CT (New Orleans) = 7 pm - 10:30 pm (Vienna). It will be a virtual workshop. We will discuss research gaps for integrating Sonification and Visualization.

For a detailed schedule, please have a look here: https://audio-visual-analytics.github.io/vis2021.html.

To attend the workshop, you need to register for the conference (free for students): http://ieeevis.org/year/2021/info/registration/conference-registration.

We will start with presentations by four of the organizers (Bruce Walker, Niklas Rönnberg, Niklas Elmqvist, and Kajetan Enge) and then continue with working sessions on the topics Theory and Design, Tools, and Evaluation in three groups using breakout rooms and Miro (an online whiteboard tool). We will present our findings to the other groups and discuss how to build a community of researchers that are interested in the combination of Sonification and Visualization. The workshop is planned as the kick-off event to work on a follow-up publication on the research agenda discussed in the workshop. This follow-up publication will be authored by a self-selected subset of workshop participants and organizers.

The workshop organisation team consists of (in alphabetic order): Wolfgang Aigner, Niklas Elmqvist, Kajetan Enge, Robert Höldrich, Michael Iber, Alexander Rind, Niklas Rönnberg, and Bruce Walker.

Hard Facts:

Please feel free to contact me, in case you have any questions: kajetan.enge@xxxxxxxxxxx

All the best,
Kajetan

DI Kajetan Enge
Junior Researcher
PhD Student in Visualization and Sonification
Department of Media and Digital Technologies

Fachhochschule St. Pölten GmbH
Campus-Platz 1, A-3100 St. Pölten
T: +43 2742 313 228
E: kajetan.enge@xxxxxxxxxxx