[AUDITORY] International Hearing Aid Conference (IHCON) 2022

Dear Colleagues,

We are excited to announce the upcoming International Hearing Aid Conference (IHCON) scheduled for August 10-14, 2022 at Lake Tahoe, California. We are aiming to hold the meeting in person. However, we will pivot to a hybrid meeting, or an entirely virtual meeting if the virus situation calls for it.

The purpose of this conference is to advance knowledge and facilitate progress in hearing-aid research and development through the exchange of current research findings and technical advances related to the treatment of hearing impairment with hearing aids and other technologies. The organization of IHCON 2022, as with the previous IHCON meetings, will emphasize the international and multidisciplinary nature of the field and the rapid pace of developments occurring throughout the world. Both invited and contributed presentations will address topics relevant to hearing-aid research.

The Technical Program Committee (Louise Hickson, Karolina Smeds and Tobias Neher) have been developing the program.  Please refer to the IHCON website for the current list of topics for and the list of invited speakers.

New to this year's conference, we will be introducing the International Hearing Aid Seminar (IHAS), to be held immediately prior to IHCON, to foster research by junior investigators (e.g., advanced graduate students, postdocs, and junior scientists) in industry and academia. IHAS will only be held if there is an in-person component to the 2022 meeting.

We are aiming to start conference registration and accepting submissions by April 1. The deadline for submitting abstracts to IHCON and IHAS is May 8th.

Please refer to the IHCON website (https://ihcon.org) for updates and additional details about the meeting as the virus situation evolves.

We look forward to seeing you at IHCON 2022—hopefully in person, but otherwise virtually!

Best wishes and take good care,

Sunil Puria, Ph.D.

Chair, IHCON 2022