[AUDITORY] Updated & New Cloud-based Auditory Neural Models

Dear Colleagues,
   An updated & new versions of our physiological models for auditory-nerve and midbrain neurons are now available.

  •  Updated: UR_EAR is a web app that displays population responses of model auditory-nerve (AN) and midbrain (inferior colliculus, IC) neurons for several commonly used stimuli or user-supplied audio files.
  • NEW: UR_EAR_Movies is a version of the web app that makes movies (mp4 files) of AN and IC model responses to longer waveforms, such as speech or music.

      We hope the movies will be useful in the classroom – let us know if you have ideas for creating repositories for teaching purposes. Note that a specific audiogram can be provided as input to the AN model, allowing visualization of effects of sensorineural hearing loss on population responses for AN and IC models.
       Manuals are provided from the apps and on the OSF sites – Please let us know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Cheers, Laurel

Laurel H. Carney, PhD

Marylou Ingram Professor of Biomedical Engineering

Professor, Biomedical Engineering, Neuroscience, Electrical & Computer Engineering

University of Rochester

URMC Rm 5-6438

Tel: 585-276-3948

Laurel.Carney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx