[AUDITORY] Workshop: Biology-culture relationships in the evolution of language and music

Dear all,

as a part of Joint Conference on Language Evolution taking place on September 5th-8th in Kanazawa, Japan & online, we will host a mini-workshop on “Biology-culture relationships in the evolution of language and music”.

The workshop will take place on September 5th in a hybrid format (time tba).

The confirmed speakers are:

Rie Asano (Institute of Musicology, University of Cologne, Germany)

Simon Kirby (School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences, The University of Edinburgh, Scotland )

Hiromi Matsumae (Department of Molecular Life Science, Tokai University, Japan)

Aniruddh D. Patel (Department of Psychology, Tufts University, USA)

Patrick E. Savage (Faculty of Environment and Information Studies, Keio University SFC, Japan)

This workshop welcomes your contributions in form of the online poster presentation, which will take place in online poster sessions during the main conference.

Please see the tentative conference schedule here: https://sites.google.com/view/joint-conf-language-evolution/schedule

The submission deadline is June 30th, 2022 (23:59 CET)!

For details, please see our workshop homepage!

https://sites.google.com/view/biocul/home

You can find the conference homepage here:

https://sites.google.com/view/joint-conf-language-evolution/home

We are looking forward to your submission!

Best regards,

Rie Asano

Dr. Rie Asano

Institute of Musicology