[AUDITORY] Forum Acusticum 2023, Special Session "Acoustical, perceptual and neural modelling of drums"

Dear Colleagues

** apologies for cross-posting

** please share widely

The 10th Convention of the European Acoustics Association, Forum Acusticum 2023, will take place in Torino (Italy) from the 11th to the 15th of September 2023. This will be an excellent opportunity to present your most recent work and discuss it with researchers, scholars, and practitioners in audio and music acoustics.

We are pleased to invite you to submit a paper to the special session A07-03 Acoustical, perceptual and neural modelling of drums, which is part of the A07 Musical Acoustics theme.

https://www.fa2023.org/structured-sessions/

This session aims to highlight recent advances in modelling drums across computational acoustics, psychology, and deep learning communities, and foster cross disciplinary links to address open questions. Contributions are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics related to drum and drum-like sounds:

Papers can be submitted for oral (a 20-minute time slot is allotted) or poster presentation through the Forum Acusticum 2023 website,

Submission deadline for abstracts is January 31, 2023, while papers need to be submitted by April 30, 2023. All papers will undergo a peer review process.

https://www.fa2023.org/authors/

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration, and if you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to seeing you in Turin!

Tim Kirby & Charalampos Saitis

--

Charalampos (Charis) Saitis
Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Queen Mary University of London