Re: [AUDITORY] Chirps with Cochlear Delay

Hi Andrew,

My experience is that for making this type of stimuli the chirp function in matlab is as useless as an ashtray on a motorbike.  The phase delay formulas from the article should be able to be used. The derived signal can then be checked against the phase response and written to an audio file.

I’ve hit some rather infuriating technical issues trying to calibrate bandpass versions of such.  Feel free to reach out and I can share a script for deriving the chirps described in Elberling et al., 2007, though it is not checked and poorly documented. . .

Good luck!

David

David Jackson Morris, PhD, LTCL

Associate Professor/Lektor

University of Copenhagen/Københavns Universitet

Speech Pathology and Audiology/Audiologopædi

Department of Nordic Studies and Linguistics/Institut for Nordiske Studier og Sprogvidenskab

Emil Holms Kanal 2

2300 København S

Department Homepage

Title: SD_Logo  -