Audio caracteristics better than visual.

> Hi there,
>

>    We're looking for any kind of work on human perception to find
> caracteristics of the auditory sytem that are better than the visual
> system.

We typically encode message sequentially in sound (e.g., a sentence),
and simultaneously in visual displays (e.g., a printed page.)  For
this reason, sound maintains its message as it bounces around corners.
Light doesn't.  So sound is good for warning systems.
 - Al Bregman