Psychoacoustic tests of temporal processing

I would be grateful if anyone can help me with this query:-

I am about to start some research to see if dyslexic children
(or children with specific reading impairment) have problems in
processing quickly changing acoustic information. I have some
experimental designs worked out, but I would also like to do some
kind of basic psychoacoustic test to rule out cochlea and
low-level auditory nerve pathology.

Does anyone know of a simple (!) test I could run?

Many thanks,

Kevin Baker
Department of Human Communication
De Montfort University