Binaural Recording

Auditory List-
        My lab is preparing to buy a set of binaural microphones in order
to do some environmental recordings. I was wondering if some of you might
be able to outline some parameters for this purchase, ie. what are good
microphone thresholds for the various acoustic components, what sort of
structural equipment do would need to buy to utilize the microphones (I
would prefer to not buy a DAT recorder), etc?
        If it is helpful, we intend to make these recordings from a moving
car at speeds between 0-50 kph.

Thank You,
Mike Gordon
University of California, Riverside