reference to A.A. Mayer on masking

Dear auditory mailing list members,

I am looking for a reference on the first report of masking. Does anybody
have a copy of this work that they could fax me, or do they have any information
that I dont have. All I know is:

Mayer, A.A., Phil. Mag. 11, 500, 1876. (Fletcher's book)

I assume that this refers to Philosphy Magizine, vol 11, page 500.

I also found:

Mayer, A.M., (1984) Researches in acoustics, Lond Edinb. Dubl. Phil Mag. 37, 5,
        (Jeffress article in Tobias, 1970)

Patterson and Green also refer to A.M. rather than A.A. Mayer.

Jont B. Allen, Room E161
AT&T Labs-Research 180 Park AV.
Florham Park NJ 07932
973/360-8545voice, x8092fax