Tomatis method

I have heard of the Tomatis method.  I also sat on a thesis
committee for a graduate student in the Psychology Dept on my campus,
who proposed, as her thesis topic, that the Tomatis Method
was a beneficial treatment regimen to treat fluency
disorders.  The published literature that she presented in
her thesis to support the efficacy of this treatment method
(for tx of fluency disorders or any speech-language related
matter) was scarse in number and questionnable in terms of
scientific merit, at least to me.

I believe most of the published studies on this topic are from
Europe or France.  There was a wonderful and comprehensive discussion
on this topic on the Auditory-perceptual listserv recently.  Perhaps
that listserv can assist on this topic.

Mary Andrianopoulos, Ph.D.
UMass-Amherst

he sounds like an ideal candidate for Tomatis work. If you don't have a
centre near you and are interested, email me back, and I'll find out for
you where the closest one is.

Catherine Fitzmaurice
Professor of Theatre
University of Delaware