Re: Sound of tube amplifiers

Dear Linda,

Although I am not an expert on this topic I have a few comments to share.

Firstly, I think it is safe to say that if you want the "truest"
transformation from input to output signal of your amplifier, a well
designed transistor amp will be superior. This part of the discussion
reminds me of the CD vs. vinyl discussion. Equivalently, I don't think that
there is much doubt that the CD brings you closer to the master tape than a
vinyl grammophone.

However, the question of whether you--and many other people--prefer the
"warmer" sound of tube amplifiers (and vinyl grammophone) is an entirely
different matter. You know best what you prefer.