Re: applications

At 11:52 29/09/98 +1000, you wrote:

The term localisation I refer to is that in a binaural sense - localisation
as opposed to lateralisation. I am also referring to listening to the
television through earphones. If the sound was mono coming into the
earphones localisation would not take place - the sound would appear to
come from the middle of the inside of your head and consequently you would
not be able to hear clearly the sounds around you - such as your wife
calling that dinner was on the table. The point I am trying to make is that
if the sound of the television coming into the earphones was binaural - you
would still get dinner.

Email to AUDITORY should now be sent to AUDITORY@lists.mcgill.ca
LISTSERV commands should be sent to listserv@lists.mcgill.ca
Information is available on the WEB at http://www.mcgill.ca/cc/listserv