Re: sine wave speech

While I cannot help the original requester, I was captured by the title of
the message. Now *my* request: Are there any *examples* of sine wave
speech easily available (Web or tape). I thought the Harvard tapes had them,
but no dice. The ASA disk does not either.

My understanding of sinewave speech is simple sine tones or complex tones
AM to become 'speechlike". The perceptual result is weird wobbly sounds
that (all of a sudden) become understandable. I've heard it somewhere,
but don't remember.

TIA!

        -Peter "demos, demos, demos" Marvit

: Peter Marvit <marvit@psych.upenn.edu>,   Psychology Dept,  Univ. of Penn :
: 3815 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19104  w:215/573-3991 fax:215/898-7301 :