Re: Radio Frequency Interference

We also get RFI on occasion through various bit of equipment. So far,
we've been unable to completely isolate the source of the
problem. Instead, we've taken the engineering approach of fiddling until
it goes away.

Basically, make sure everything is properly grounded, disconnect unneeded
connections from the computer, the lengths of wires/cables are the
shortest possible, and critical areas are shielded. We even wrapped
sections of cables in aluminum foil and then grounded the foil. We traced
one source to an added DIO card in the computer that was connected to a
stimulus generation box.

I'm sure someone else may have a more precise set of solutions. For us,
the problem was both intermittent AND season-related (worse in summer).

Good luck,
Peter

: Peter Marvit, PhD <marvit@psych.upenn.edu>, Psychology Dept, Univ. of Penn :
: 3815 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19104           phone(+fax):215/898-3460 :