From: AUDITORY Research in Auditory Perception
[mailto:AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA]On Behalf Of Al Bregman
Sent: Tuesday, 11 July 2000 6:59
To: AUDITORY@LISTS.MCGILL.CA
Subject: Cochlear mechanics

Dear List,

I believe that we have now heard most views on the very important issue of
cochlear mechanics, culminating in the excellent summary by Eckard
Blumschein.  I wonder whether now isn't the time for those researchers
who want to continue the discussion to do so among themselves, perhaps on a
new sublist, as suggested by Jont Allen, where the issues could get debated
in full at a technical level which is probably more detailed than the rest
of us need to know.

Al

Albert S. Bregman, Emeritus Professor
Dept of Psychology, McGill University