Friends and Colleagues,
The following position is available for immediate filling. In typical startup fashion, RxSound is currently in stealth mode regarding its business strategy. As the list of qualifications and responsibilities indicate below, my group is involved with a variety of signal processing, psychoacoustic, acoustic and perceptual research that has specific development goals. Details will be discussed under a confidentiality agreement with qualified candidates. Informal inquiries can be made to this e-mail address or firstname.lastname@example.org. Regards,
***SENIOR RESEARCH AUDIOLOGIST POSITION***
***IN THE RESEARCH DEPARTMENT AT RXSOUND***
The ideal candidate will have:
* a Ph.D. in Audiology, with a dissertation on hearing impairment (or a related field);
* ASHA's CCC-A or it's equivalent;
* significant experience conducting auditory perception and speech understanding experiments;
* experience designing a variety of different experimental protocols;
* skills related to the use of audiological instrumentation;
* familiarity with published literature in hearing science;
* statistical analysis capabilities;
* good written and verbal communication skills;
* strong leadership ability;
* the ability work well with and contribute significantly to multi-disciplinary teams.
* design and conduct experimental research related to auditory perception, including subject recruitment and qualification;
* analyze and interpret experimental results;
* write experimental protocols and final reports;
* give conference presentations and write publishable reports on conducted research;
* provide audiological expertise towards business strategy and development;
* work with Marketing group on proof-of-concept clinical and field trials;
* maintain up-to-date knowledge of developments in hearing and audiological research and products;
* work with external clinical research groups.
RxSound is a privately-funded startup company located on the Stanford University campus in Palo Alto, California. It was founded by Dr. Rodney Perkins, who also founded ReSound Corp. and several other successful medical-related companies. RxSound is conducting auditory research and developing new concepts in the hearing field.
Compensation will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate and includes a 401K plan and health care benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to:
Brent Edwards, Ph.D.
Vice-President of Research
801 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304