Friends and Colleagues,
The following position is available for immediate filling. In typical startup fashion, RxSound is currently in stealth mode regarding its business strategy. As the list of qualifications and responsibilities indicate below, my group is involved with a variety of signal processing, psychoacoustic, acoustic and perceptual research that has specific development goals. Details will be discussed under a confidentiality agreement with qualified candidates. Informal inquiries can be made to this e-mail address or firstname.lastname@example.org. Regards,
***SIGNAL PROCESSING ENGINEER/HEARING SCIENTIST***
***POSITION IN THE RESEARCH DEPARTMENT AT RXSOUND***
The ideal candidate will have:
* a Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, with a dissertation in signal processing (or related field);
* research expertise in auditory perception and audio signal processing;
* knowledge of psychoacoustics and experience with experiment testing;
* understanding of acoustics and speech perception theory;
* capabilities in simulations and modeling;
* significant experience in signal processing analysis and development using Matlab;
* programming ability in C or C++;
* familiarity with assembly coding;
* good written and verbal communication skills.
* research and develop new signal processing concepts related to hearing;
* simulate and analyze signal processing systems and auditory models using high-level code and real-time systems;
* work with research group members to design and develop human subject experiments;
* contribute to the company's patent portfolio and monitor competitive patent developments;
* maintain up-to-date knowledge of scientific developments in hearing, speech, and signal processing;
* work with external research groups.
RxSound is a privately-funded startup company located on the Stanford University campus in Palo Alto, California. It was founded by Dr. Rodney Perkins, who also founded ReSound Corp. and several other successful medical-related companies. RxSound is conducting auditory research and developing new concepts in the hearing field.
Compensation will be commensurate with the experience of the candidate and includes a 401K plan and health care benefits.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and names of three references to:
801 Welch Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304