Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 21:12:16 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Hendrik Purwins <hendrik@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Subject: CASA matlab demonstrations

Dear list,

thanks a lot for your help with my
ICMC Tutorial Workshop, especially  Mr. Rioux, Guy Bown,
Martin Cooke, Dan Ellis, Malcolm Slaney, and Kunio Kashino.

For playing around with Computational Auditory Scene
Analysis, I could very much recomend the following
Matlab packages:

1.Malcolm Slaney's
  Auditory Toolbox
  http://rvl4.ecn.purdue.edu/~malcolm/interval/1998-010/
  Correlograms (e.g. for frequency estimation)
  and hair cell simulations

2.Guy J. Brown and Martin Cooke's
  Matlab Auditory Demonstratinos (MAD)
  http://www.dcs.shef.ac.uk/~martin/MAD/docs/download.htm,
  e.g. with the implementation of DeLiang Wang's
  oscillator model for vowel segregation

Both MAD and Auditory Toolbox run well on Matlab 5.2 on Unix,
Auditory Toolbox also on Windows.

You are welcome to download  the  slides (ca. 40 pages) of my
talk at
http://unuk.cs.tu-berlin.de/~hendrik/
  Tutorial Computing Auditory Perception at ICMC 2000
  (gzipped Postscript 471 KB !!!)

Or you could just wait for a paper on that in an
 upcoming volume of  "Organized Sound".

Best,

Hendrik Purwins

------- End of Forwarded Message