Re: sounds too loud

It seems to me that hyperacusis (I was unfamiliar with this term/phenomenon) is the physical representation of strong noise sensitivity, the latter being the psychological readiness to respond to any sound in much stronger ways than the average individual. Over-recruitment being just another word. If this is right, then what is known about the conditions for over-recruitment: who is and/or under what conditions is one inclined to get it? Would like to hear about findings regarding these categories. Thanks. Pieter Jan Stallen