Re: [AUD]: "Song Stuck in Your Head" phenomenon

> This may or may not be of interest, but in German a song stuck in your
> head is called an "Ohrwurm" (lit. "earwig").  Very descriptive! :)

I may be wrong here, since I'm not a native English speaker, but I think "wig" is not the correct translation for "wurm", because the German word "Wurm" means "worm", while "wig" has (according to Merriam Webster's dictionary the following meanings:

1 a : a manufactured covering of natural or synthetic hair for the head
 b : TOUPEE 2
2 : an act of wigging : REBUKE

Therefore I'd suggest "earworm"...

Christian Spevak